XXL Services N.V. (hereinafter referred to as the ‘Betsofa’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’) is committed to endorsing responsible gaming as a policy of customer care and social responsibility. We believe it is our responsibility to you, our customers, to ensure that you enjoy your wagering experience on our site, while remaining fully aware of the social and financial harms associated with problem gambling. Nevertheless, some people can lose sight of this, which in some cases can lead to addiction. If left unaddressed, this can lead to financial, personal and mental problems.
Any translation of this Responsible Gaming Policy into any other language is made only for our customer’s convenience and is not modifying the terms of this Responsible Gaming Policy. If there is a conflict between the English and any other version in a language other than English of this Responsible Gaming Policy, the English version shall prevail.
So, should you feel like limiting your gambling behavior, we offer several tools to help you enjoy a safe and responsible online casino experience. Please remember, you can also contact our support team.
Gambling should be treated as a fun pastime, and not as a means to generate income. Whilst the majority of the population can treat gambling as recreation and spend only what they can afford to risk, for some it can be more difficult.
- Gambling should be done in moderation and undertaken as a form of leisure not as a genuine way of making money;
- Avoid chasing losses - there will always be another day;
- Only gamble when you can cover the losses;
- Keep track of the time and monitor the amount of money you spend;
- Should you need a break from gambling, self-exclusion from one or all products can be activated by contacting our support team at [email protected].
If you need to talk to someone about any concerns you may have with your gambling, please contact one of the organizations which are detailed below.
- Does gambling prevent you from attending work or college?
- Do you gamble to pass time or to escape boredom?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods of time?
- Have others ever criticized you for your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in family, friends or hobbies due to gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed in order to maintain betting habits?
- Are you reluctant to spend "gambling money" on anything else?
- Do you gamble until you lose all your money?
- After losing, do you feel that you have to try and win back the losses as soon as possible?
- If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Does gambling make you depressed or even suicidal?
The more questions that you answer "yes" to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gambling. To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact one of the organizations detailed below under Gambling Counselling Organizations.
Betsofa.com wants users to enjoy our platform and encourages the promotion of responsible gaming and staying in control. In addition to the variety of tools that are available to allow for responsible playing we advocate the use of self-awareness questionnaires designed to assess the level of activity and lend to self-regulation. Please also get acquainted with responsible gaming details in our Terms and Conditions.
- Deposits Limits. In order to assist our players in gambling responsibly, Betsofa has a Deposit Limit within each customer’s account. This option can be accessed within your ‘My Account’ section. Limits can be amended anytime. Once these limits are set, the player shall not be able to exceed these limits. Limits can be amended at any time. A decrease in the deposit limit will take effect immediately, but an increase can only occur after a 7 (seven) day cooling-off period, in order to avoid rash decisions. If you require any further information or assistance regarding responsible gaming, please contact our support team at [email protected].
- Self-Exclusion. If you need to take a break from gambling or if you feel that you may have lost control of your gambling, we provide a self-exclusion facility, which can be activated by you within 'My Account' or by contacting our support team at [email protected]. Self-exclusion means that your account will remain closed for a minimum period of 7 (seven) days, and will not be reactivated under any circumstances during the exclusion period. This is the major difference to a standard account closure request. A written request (expire after your stipulated time frame) is required before account re-opening can be considered. BetSofa site also allows customers to block access to individual products via 'My Account' or by contacting our support team at [email protected]. If you are considering self-exclusion, please remember to contact all gambling companies with whom you have accounts and ask to self-exclude with them too. We also recommend that consideration be given to the installation of software that will allow you to block access to internet gambling websites. See Filtering Systems at the bottom of this page. Any funds remaining in your BetSofa Account shall be immediately returned to you, with an applied deduction equivalent to the transaction processing fees. If you self-exclude, during the applicable self-exclusion period, succeed in opening a BetSofa Account, depositing and playing, all of your bets shall be voided by us and all of your deposits will be returned to you, with an applied deduction equivalent of the transaction processing fees. This will occur immediately upon detection, and you agree to waive any and all claims relating to the respective amounts. However, you acknowledge that the primary responsibility for controlling your behavior lies with you, thus you accept that we will not be liable if you continue gambling and/or seek to use the website, and we fail to recognize or determine that. For more information, please contact our support team at [email protected].
- Session Time Limits. You may set maximum Session Time Limits by contacting our support team at [email protected]. Once these limits are set, you will not be allowed to continue playing above the preset time limit in any one session.
- Wager Limit. Insert a limit of the wagering amounts for one day, one week, or one month.
- Loss Limit. Restrict your casino losses for one day, one week, or one month. Notice, the loss limit relates to the initial deposit, and winnings aren't included.
- Cool-Off. You may claim for Cool-Off Period: 1 or 3 days, 1 week, 1, 3, and 6 months. The Cooling-Off period is activating on your account immediately. Upon the cooling off, the deposit function is unavailable. Also, we exclude you from promotional offers. If you have funds, you can withdraw them anytime. Your account will be re-activated after the set expiring date.
Betsofa takes the issue of underage gambling very seriously and in compliance to our licensing requirements we will take all reasonable measures available to allow only those of the legal age (at least 18 (eighteen) years old) to register an account and place a bet with real money.
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 (eighteen) to open an account or to gamble on Betsofa. Betsofa takes its responsibilities in this regard very seriously. We carry out age verification checks on all customers who use payment mechanisms which are available to under 18s (eighteen) and additionally perform random age verification checks on customers using other forms of funding mechanisms.
Please note than anyone under the age of 18 (eighteen) found to be using the site will have any winnings forfeited and may also be reported to the police.
Filtering solutions allow parents to regulate access to the internet, based on chosen criteria. Parents can use filters to prevent their children from accessing, amongst other things, gambling websites.
- GamCare, the leading authority providing counselling, advice and practical help in addressing the social impact of gambling in the UK, can be visited at: www.gamcare.org.uk. Its confidential helpline is: 0845 6000 133. Non-UK residents can contact GamCare for details of International support organisations;
- Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who have joined together to do something about their own gambling problem and help other compulsive gamblers do the same. There are regional fellowships around the world. The Gamblers Anonymous international service site is at: www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk;
- Gambling Therapy provides support and counselling for anyone adversely affected by gambling. Members of the Gambling Therapy Team operates from locations both within the UK and internationally. Its site can be accessed at: www.gamblingtherapy.org.